Eleventh Annual Survey Exhibition Sponsored by Pacific New Media Foundation
THE ARTS at Marks Garage
August 1 to 31, 2019
Juror: Matt Mallams, Photo Editor, Hana Hou! magazine
Artists Reception – Friday, August 2, 6-8pm: Awards ceremony 6:30pm
Submission Deadline Friday, June 21 at 6 pm.
This juried exhibition is open to all artists in Hawaii using photographic processes: analog or digital, color or BXW, alternative processes and mixed media explorations. Contemporary Photography in Hawaii 2019 offers artists a venue for exhibiting work and provides a snapshot of the “state of the art” of photography in Hawaii.
Hawaii residents, amateurs and professionals, are welcome to submit images.
Images are due by 6 pm on Friday, June 21.
Selected images are exhibited at The ARTS at Marks Garage.
- Image must have been created within the past two years and not previously exhibited.
- Open to photographers living in the state of Hawaii.
- Work must be original.
- Selected work must be printed and framed for exhibition.
- You will need to provide your own framing for the exhibition. Maximum frame size 24″X30″, no exceptions.
June 5, 7-8:30 pm: For help with entries: Preparation of Images for Contemporary Photography in Hawai‘i 2019, FREE, with David Ulrich, Chaminade University, Eiben Hall, Room 127
June 21 at 6 pm: Image submission and fees due
July 5: Accepted artists notified by email
July 26-27: Artists deliver framed and strung work to ARTS at Marks between 12 and 5 pm. No Exceptions.
August 1-31: Exhibition Dates, 12-5pm, Tuesday-Saturday
August 2: Reception 6-8pm; Awards Presentation 6:30pm
September 2: Pick up prints from ARTS at Marks. 9am to noon
How to Submit Files*
- Register/Pay for submission on this page or call (808) 955-4212
- Entry fee $20 for
firstentry, $5 per additional image. Maximum 5 images
- Submit in JPEG format
Longestdimension should be max1200 pixels wide
- Maximum File Size: 2 MB
- File names: First initial + Last Name + entry number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).jpg
- Image Dimensions (when printed – Height/Width)
- Print Medium (for example, photographic paper, inkjet paper, or alternative surfaces)
- Questions: Use Contact form in Contact menu or (808) 955-4212
* Pacific New Media reserves the right to reject works for any reason.
TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK
Please read directions and select options (how many images, titles, etc.)