Tenth Annual Survey Exhibition Sponsored by Pacific New Media Foundation
THE ARTS at Marks Garage
August 3 to 31, 2018
Artists Reception – Friday, August 3 at 6-8pm: Awards ceremony 6:30pm
Submission Deadline Saturday, June 16 at 6 pm.
This juried exhibition is open to all artists in Hawaii using photographic processes: analog or digital, color or BXW, alternative processes and mixed media explorations. Contemporary Photography in Hawaii 2018 offers artists a venue for exhibiting work and provides a snapshot of the “state of the art” of photography in Hawaii.
Hawaii residents, amateurs and professionals, are welcome to submit images.
Images are due by 6 pm on Saturday, June 16.
Please see link for submissions at bottom of page.
Selected images are exhibited at The ARTS at Marks Garage.
- Image must have been created within the past two years and not previously exhibited.
- Open to photographers living in the state of Hawaii.
- Work must be original.
- Selected work must be printed and framed for exhibition.
- You will need to provide your own framing for the exhibition. Maximum frame size 24″X30″, no exceptions.
June 6, 7-8:30 pm: For help with entries: Preparation of Images for Contemporary Photography in Hawai‘i 2018, FREE, with David Ulrich, Chaminade University, Eiben Hall, Room 127
June 16 at 6 pm: Image submission and fees due
June 29: Accepted artists notified by email
July 24-28: Artists deliver framed and strung work to ARTS at Marks between 12 and 5 pm,
August 3-31: Exhibition Dates, 12-5pm, Tuesday-Saturday
August 3: Reception 6-8pm; Awards Presentation 6:30pm
September 1: Pick up prints from ARTS at Marks
How to Submit Files*
- Register/Pay for submission on this page or call (808) 955-4212
- Entry fee $20 for first entry, $5 per additional image. Maximum 5 images
- Submit in JPEG format
- Longest dimension should be max 1200 pixels wide
- Maximum File Size: 2 MB
- File names: First initial + Last Name + entry number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).jpg
- Image Dimensions (when printed – Height/Width)
- Medium (for example, photographic paper, inkjet paper, or alternative surfaces)
- Questions: Use Contact form in Contact menu or (808) 955-4212
* Pacific New Media reserves the right to reject works for any reason.
TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK
Please read directions and select options (how many images, titles, etc.)
Entries are submitted at artist’s/owners own risk. PNM is not responsible for the loss of or damage to works. Accepted works must remain on display for the total period of the exhibition.